Thursday, July 1, 2010

Death and Spam

When you die there are certain things your loved ones (or your executor or executrix) have to do.  They need more death certificates than most people imagine because all these government agencies have to be told.  If you own a house they not only have to sell it but have to clean it out first.

All of which set me to wondering about the electronic, that is net stuff that you leave behind.  I have a bunch of email boxes.  Will my loved ones remember to delete them or will they go on forever?  And I average around 50 pieces of spam everyday at one email.  Even if my loved ones delete my email box will spam be sent to me forever?

I just realized that the internet is the gift that keeps on giving . . . maybe into eternity.  Or when Jesus returns will all spam be sent to hell and good emails be rewarded?

Life was much simpler when there were radios and TVs for entertainment and the TV only got three channels.

No comments: