Abbreviations are as follows: PCUSA refers to the Presbyterian Church (USA), FoG refers to the Form of Government, and BoO refers to the Book of Order
- 1.01 “The Church proclaims that in the one God’s threefold work” – What does this say about the Trinity and the work of God? Does it mean that the work of God is divided between the persons of God?
- 1.01 Why leave out the clause about the resurrection? The current FoG 1.0100 is a clear quote from Scripture. Why change it?
- 1.0202 Why exchange the word “Kingdom” for “new reality? Isn’t Kingdom more Biblical?
- I like the listing of the Great Ends of the Church. It is clearer than the present paragraph.
- Are there going to be references to Scripture as in the current BoO?
- THANK YOU FOR RETURNING TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE OF THE HISTORIC PRINCIPLES OF CHURCH ORDER! I also appreciate the inclusion of the footnotes.
- 3.0304 – The new section abandons geographical and theological diversity. The lists in G-4.0403 provide for a clearer picture of what diversity means and makes a specific connection to leadership in the church.
- The first 4 chapters of the current FoG is clearly part of the FoG. What will be the relationship between the Foundations and the FoG and will they have the same power of law as they would if they were part of the FoG?